A Level students from Inspired Schools rise to the challenges of this years’ unprecedented circumstancesPosted on 26th Aug 2020 in School News, Exam results, A levels
A Level students from Inspired Education Group schools across the globe have risen to the challenges posed by the extraordinary circumstances triggered by the Covid-19 pandemic. The graduates from UK, Spain, Bahrain, Kenya and Panama, now move on to the best universities across the world.
Students sitting A Level qualifications this summer in 8 Inspired schools across 4 continents excelled once more, with 6 of these schools reporting record results, despite the toughest of years for students and their teachers. With global group averages of 21% A* grades, 46% A*-A grades and 84% A*-C grades, students have risen to the challenges set by restrictions across the globe this year, proven the depth of their abilities and now move on to the best universities around the world. Determined to ensure student aspirations in this final year at school were fulfilled, teachers across Inspired schools switched seamlessly, when required by national lockdowns, to live, continuous virtual learning. This enabled students to maintain the great academic progress they were achieving in the classroom.
Nadim Nsouli, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Inspired Group proudly reflects; “We are determined that an Inspired education should equip our students for lifelong learning, access to the best universities in the world, and the character to embrace whatever challenges life throws at them – students have met the highest of bars in this particularly difficult year, and thoroughly deserve the excellent results and university places that they have now achieved.”
Nick Wergan, Global Education Director for Inspired Group, notes; “The excellent subject knowledge and pedagogical skills of our teachers have been tested to the limit this year – and they have again ensured our students achieve their full potential and lock in the most exciting of fixtures, however difficult the circumstances this year.”
School’s exam highlights this year include:
- All Inspired schools have widely exceeded UK national averages in all their A Level results and will be sending graduates to top universities all over the world, including Oxford, Cambridge and Standford.
- In Reddam House Berkshire (UK) students received record results with 37% A*, 67% A*/A and, 93% A* to B grades. The schools’ graduates will continue their academic careers at some of the best universities in the world: an amazing 87% of students received their first choice UCAS places, most of which are Russell Group Universities, with 3 students commencing higher education at medical schools.
- In Spain, students from King’s College schools in Madrid, Alicante and Murcia have set new records, both in terms of results and of top university destinations. Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial College Cornell, Berkeley and Duke are some of the prestigious institutions in which graduates have secured a place.
- The British School of Bahrain (BSB) is also celebrating its best set of A Level results this year, with 29% A*, 53% A*/A and, 69% A* to B grades.
- At King’s College Panama, the first cohort of Year 13 students have shown an exceptional performance, with 35% A*, 60% A*/A, 70% A*-B grades, and have gained places at top ranked universities, including the Universities of Toronto, Warwick, Navarra and Maryland, as well as the Erasmus University of Rotterdam and the Politécnica de Madrid.
Inspired is a leading global premium schools group operating in Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America educating over 48,000 students across a global network of more than 64 schools.
A definitive statement of excellence in private education, Inspired is a co-educational, non-denominational, independent school group designed to inspire students to achieve their maximum potential in a nurturing, progressive academic environment from ages 1 to 18.
Inspired offers a fresh and contemporary approach to education by re-evaluating traditional teaching methods and curriculums, and creating a more dynamic, relevant and powerful model reflecting current attitudes. We nurture the unique individuality, talent and self-assurance of each student, equipping them to take on the world with the skills and confidence to ensure success.