Impington International College
New Road, Impington, Cambridge, CB24 9LX, UK
Co-educational Day & Boarding (in host families)
|Head of School||Victoria Hearn|
|Co-ed Age Range||11-19 years|
|Number of pupils||1,311|
|Language of Instruction||English|
|Average Class Size||10-15|
|Tweets by impingtonintcol|
A World Class IB education from Impington International College - your ticket to a world of opportunity
Why choose Impington International College?
1. The quality of care is exceptional - The tutor to student ratio is approximately 1 to 15, with a dedicated Student Manager for pastoral support and guidance. In lessons, the teacher to student ratio is, on average, 1 to 10.
2. It delivers excellent outcomes - The pass rate is 100% (international average: 80%) and the average International Baccalaureate (IB) point score is 35.
3. Students go on to achieve great things - In 2020, 90% of the students went on to study at university, with 25% offered Russell Group places (including Oxbridge). In addition to this, the remaining 10% of students were successful in their job applications and seamlessly moved into the world of work.
4. Expert delivery of the International Baccalaureate - for more than 30 years, Impington International College has offered the IB and was one of the first state schools in the UK to do so. The College is consistently rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted.
5. It is truly international - around half of students attend Impington International College from overseas, creating a culturally diverse student cohort and unique opportunities for study and trips.
Impington International College offers the following programmes to students:
Impington International College bases its teaching on the IB's mission statement and ethos, aiming to develop "inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world". Not only do students gain a valuable breadth of skills through either the DP or the CP but IB higher level subjects also provide the same depth of knowledge as A Levels, so students can go on to achieve excellence in whichever path they choose.
The driven cohort achieve outstanding results and have gone on to attend renowned higher education institutions around the world, including: University of Cambridge, University of Oxford, London School of Economics and Political Science, University College London, King's College London, Loughborough University, Leiden University, UCLA, The Place, Italia Conti, International University of Japan, and many more. Many students from the College's Performance School go on to join professional companies, with a number starring in the West End. Students from the sports scholarship programme often go on to study coaching and management at university, or play semi-professionally for local teams.